Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Canon, the acknowledged leader in digital imaging in Canada and ranked in the top 20 of Most Admired Companies in the world by Fortune Magazine, has opportunities for entrepreneurial account representatives.
Reporting to the Manager, Product & Sales Training & Development, the Sales Trainer is responsible to provide advanced level “Product and Solutions” training for new sales reps (Direct and Indirect channels) as well as supporting current sales reps involved in the sales process. He/she develops and delivers sales training curricula that address both product skills and "Solution Selling" skills. The Sales Trainer will assist the Senior Sales Trainer when running training classes by utilizing Canon training methodologies to ensure consistent application of sales tools and techniques. Through training, coaching and shadowing he/she will ensure a consistent application of sales approach and methodologies across the Canon’s sales organization.
Your Financial Success Will Be Achieved By:
The main areas of responsibility will include the following:
- Develop course materials and keep them current to rapidly changing technologies and procedures: This may include planning documents, course descriptions, student materials, instructor materials, course presentations, and equipment specifications, as appropriate to meet training needs, or manage this activity via external provider(s).
- Maintain and updates existing training materials for both new hire and ongoing sales training efforts.
- Evaluate the skill sets and knowledge of trainees & provide documentation and feedback to Management
- Create and offer WebEx training sessions from our current course catalogue.
- Continuous personal development and keeping current knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- Plan, organize, and direct a wide range of training activities.
- Offer support to the Senior Sales Trainer as required.
- Work closely with other internal departments including Sales to ensure training can support current company programs.
- Provides individualized sales training based on individual or sales team needs.
- Manage and maintain the computers and networks in the classroom.
- Reach-out to our authorized dealers to support their training requirements, and sales initiatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
To Succeed, You will have:
- Strong training and coaching skills are required.
- Technology savvy - product knowledge is strongly desired.
- Above average IT knowledge necessaryPre-sales & post-sales experience is required
- Ability to effectively work with both technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in English
- Excellent presentation skills required
- Must be able to work effectively in an autonomous and responsible capacity
- University degree preferred
- Travel (25% ) is anticipated for this position although the classroom training and regular work location will be Canon's Calgary office.
Come and join our team and reap the rewards as we work to take Canon to the next level! We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, exceptional growth potential and stability, all within a casual and professional work environment.
While we appreciate all applicant submissions, only those considered to be most qualified will be contacted for further assessment.